[CAMWEST-announce] Fwd: Cycle Count By Month Jan - Oct 2014

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 3 03:57:39 UTC 2014

Hi Fellow CAMWESTies,
                                        have a look at the attached file showing cycle counts on the Parramatta Valley Cycleway PVC) for the past 10 months.

October2014 has been the busiest months since this short section of path opened, with 13,049 or almost 420 daily cycle trips through that point. Detailed figures previously obtained showed a consistent almost 50/50 split for trips for each direction. It is also interesting to note that a number of cyclists still prefer to use South Street & therefore do not activate this counter, so the real number will of course be greater.

To give this number some perspective, it equals 186 buses carrying 70 people or 13  X eight carriage trains, or given Sydney motorists love for cars, about 12,000 car trips. These are very pleasing figures & we believe it will continue increasing as further improvements are made to the PVC.

Hopefully businesses in Parramatta will also note the benefits flowing from this increased cycle traffic as I regularly see cyclists enjoying a coffee or meal at one of the many fine eateries in close proximity to the PVC.

Please feel free to pass on these figures to your friends, colleagues and networks.