[CAMWEST-discuss] Re: CAMWEST-discuss mailing list and related matters

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Thu Dec 9 01:33:55 UTC 2004

Dear Robert,

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:35:23PM +1100, Robert Catford wrote:
> Nick,
>
> It sounds like Camwest is very blessed to have your enthusiasm and
> skills, particularly at a low ebb in our existence and the partial
> loss of Marty down to Wollongong. Thanks heaps for setting up the
> electronic discussion lists--I think the timing was incredible as we
> have basically been talking about this very thing of the group
> continuing electronically while the occasional get together in
> person. We're all busy people so this makes a lot of sense.

Yes, I felt the need for some interaction as my original request for
information disappeared for a long time.  That way any subscriber can
answer.

> IMy only comment so far Nick might be that the discussion site which
> I've subscribed to talks about advocacy in the Parramatta
> area. Camwest reps come from all over Western Sydney so we should
> broaden the description to cycling advocacy in Western Sydney.

I'm a bit confused here.  Which discussion site?  Do you mean
CAMWEST-discuss at
http://nicku.org/mailman/listinfo/camwest-discuss ?
The description there says:

    This list is a forum for discussing cycling and bicycle
    infrastructure in Western Sydney, including Parramatta, Holroyd,
    Baulkham Hills, Blacktown, and Hawkesbury Local Government Areas.

    If you'd like to improve cycling facilities in your area, read the
    CAMWEST web site, subscribe to this list and join us.

Or are you talking about the CAMWEST-announce list at
http://nicku.org/mailman/listinfo/camwest-announce ?

Or are you talking about another discussion site?

> Would like to meet up soon for coffee and /or a ride.

Definitely!  Tell me any time that suits you.

> I ride to work at Parra . Where do you work ?

At home.  It's too short a distance to cycle!

> Alternatively we could do a Dad and child ride as I've got my 4 yr
> old daughter riding by her self now--though certainly not as far as
> your son is riding.

Yes, that would be lovely.  My wife might like to come too.

> I've had your mobile number at work all week
> planning to ring but haven't got around to it.

Call anytime, I'm looking forward to meeting you.