[CAMWEST-discuss] Re: Bankstwon - Parramatta regional route Henry Lawson Drive

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Thu Dec 9 01:14:27 UTC 2004

Dear Robert,

Thanks for filling me in on so many separate things!  Perhaps it might
be a good idea to CC it to the CAMWEST-discuss list too.  With a
threaded record of all the discussion topics, emails could be shorter
and more focused, each on a particular topic.

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:45:40PM +1100, Robert Catford wrote:

> Great news Mark. Down near Rex Rd. This should mean a safer access
> to Mirambeena Reserve than via the lights at Haig St where I would
> currently access the park. Do you know if Bike South West are still
> active in bankstown ?
>
> We used to sit on the Bankstown bike plan c'tee and helped design
> that route.  Would be keen to hear what other plans they have.

I am so looking forward to this cycleway being completed--it joins our
house to Sydney Olympic Park and Silverwater.

How do you suggest I get involved in supporting work being done on it?
What methods of persuasion have proven to be effective, and what would
help persuade this particular chairperson?

[Please trim all the other unrelated discussion in your reply to this,
please]

If you send it to the list, it will be preserved there in the archive
for you!  Don't forget to subscribe; it will take only five minutes
(or less).

>             It's obviosuly been some years since it was done, and
>             now the Duck River cycleway is growing it should be
>             included in this route. Trouble is the little bridge
>             needed at Norford Park is so far out in the corner of
>             Parramatta LGA that it will never get Parra Council's
>             attention. Norford Park has a little causeway in just
>             the right spot so the route can be followed by
>             adventurous souls.

Okay, I'll go and have a look.

>             At the north end, joining Clyde mail centre to the M4
>             pathway might be easier to attract Parra Council's
>             attention.

Is there any proposal on the table for this?  Personally I
particularly would love to see the route shown on Council's map that
is proposed to run from Mona Street to Parramatta River at Silverwater
Bridge completed.

>             Duck River follows the Auburn/Parra boundary. Auburn
>             have completed the entire route on their side.

Really?  I cannot see it--I must be looking in the wrong places.  Are
you including the section from Mona Street to Parramatta River at
Silverwater Bridge?

--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE       http://nicku.org          nicku(at)nicku.org
Proud ex-member of Dept. of Information & Communications Technology in