[CAMWEST-discuss] prospect to blacktown 24 hour access

Rob Kemp robkemp at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 8 10:14:03 UTC 2005

Mark,

I love the sound of your suggestions.

Re Blacktown Council:

I've been speaking with them over the last couple of weeks to try and
get short sections of path (1 to 5 metres) and curb-ramps down to local
streets from the new shared path along Woodstock Ave, which the RTA are
building in conjunction with the roadworks associated with the M7.  ALJV
and the RTA both say it's in the council's domain.  Council have an
'approved' bike plan which covers works over the next 6+ years, and
don't appear to be able/want to budge from that.  Council did say that
they may be able to get money from elsewhere (developer contributions
etc) to enable them to do these short sections of pathway.
I will defintely raise your ideas at the next meeting (hopefully within
5-6 weeks), but, unless, as you suggest, money is able to be sourced
from somewhere else like the RTA, I think the chances of it happening
within the next 7 or 8 years are pretty low.  I think this idea has more
merit than some of the paths on the current plan.

- Rob