[CAMWEST-discuss] Hi from newbie

Jonhol2 at netscape.net Jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sun Aug 7 03:09:34 UTC 2005

Hi,
   like Jeff I am reasonably new to CamWest & I was wondering if you ever had a face to face meeting as well. I ride about 4 days per week mainly for fitness and would ride more, except for the distinct lack of support for bikes on our roads and shopping centres.It is easy to communicate by email, but the good old fashioned concept of a meeting usually works a lot better.

Like the rest of you I lead a busy lifestyle, but my commitment to cycling is strong enough that I could make time to attend a meeting on a monthly or quarterly basis to discuss methods of lobbying for cycling facilities in our area.

These are facilities that need to be fought for as we are losing some of them as I write. How many of you utilise Parramatta Park as a training venue or a part of your commute? Are you aware that the Parramatta Park Trust is proposing changes to traffice flow in the Park? Those changes include a FIFTEEN KILOMETRE PER HOUR SPEED LIMIT FOR CYCLISTS in a designated shared area with pedestrians. I tried riding at 15 kilometres per hour today on my Mountain Bike. I managed that speed quite well on the uphill stretch near MacQuarie St but it was fairly difficult on the rest of the ride.

The proposals are on display at the Park & brochures are available. Submissions are being taken up to 5pm on 22 August 2005.

ADDRESS YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO :

Jacob Messer,
Field Services Coordinator,
PO Box 232
PARRAMATTA NSW 2124.

Or you can 'phone Jacob Messer on 88335006.

John Holstein
jonhol2 at netscape.net
Northmead NSW
"Jeff Lehrer" <jlehrer at bigpond.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I cycle 5 days a week to and from work and use bikes for other transport as
>well as including shopping and dropping my daughter to day care. I do not
>own a car but I have what I call my bike. A very basic bike that is about 15
>years old and is good to jump on and just do a quick trip. I also have the
>machine, a bike with child seat on the back, crate on the front, lots of
>lights, fully loaded tool kit, purpose made shopping bag to fit in the crate
>and coffee cup holder.
>
>I have just subscribed and thought I would read the 2005 posts and it has
>left me wondering is this organisation actually functioning because there
>was a lot of talk about what will the future of camwest be, yet I did not
>read anything that said what the members had decided.
>
>At a time I think organisations like camwest are about to become more
>important then anyone ever thought, and before I even discovered them it
>seems like there are problems. Please inform me what happened and what I can
>do to help. My time and resources are limited but if I can do something to
>help out please let me know.
>
>Regards
>Jeff

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.