[CAMWEST-discuss] Parra park Proposal

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 10:40:15 UTC 2005

Looks like we are already formulating a CAMWEST
proposal for Parramatta Park.

Please add anything you think may also be needed.

1.  Signs at all entries stating that motorists must
give way to all other road users including cyclists.

2.  Motor vehicles are confined to the outside (left,
with current direction of one-way) of the roadway with
a 2.5-3m wide lane (minimum lane width to constrict
motorists), NO vehicle parking or access to the inside
(right side) of the roadway, vehicles have no reason
to turn across or cross the path of pedestrians or
cyclists.  Blanket speed limit of 30km/hr.

3.  Shared path of a maximum possible width on the
inside (right side, with current one-way direction) of
the roadway.  With all parking on the outside of the
circuit road, this arrangement means that motor
vehicles never have need to turn across or cross the
shared pathway.

4.  All users of the shared pathway have a speed limit
of 20km/hr.  Depending on the bicycle and situation, a
bicycle maybe unstable at lower speeds and runners,
roller-bladers and skate-boarders can all easily
exceed 15km/hr.  It is discrimitry to apply the speed
limits to cyclists only.

5.  Cyclists may use the 30km/hr vehicle roadway and
have right of way over motor vehicles.

6.  Motor vehicle roadway is also marked with the
cyclist (bicycle) logo to inform motorists of
cyclists' right to use that space.

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com