[CAMWEST-discuss] final version of CAMWEST submission on trafficchanges in Parramatta Park

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 23:48:31 UTC 2005

G'day all,

I have taken the liberty to further edit Ian's final
version.
Have attached Dan's edit of Ian's Final.

A question:  RTA Bicycle guide lines, from memory, do
not mention speed limits, but talk about design
speeds.  Design speeds are NOT speed limits and should
not be referred to as such.  From memory RTA bicycle
guidelines recommends a minimum design speed of 30
km/hr. I know that Austroads Part 14 does NOT mention
speed limits but recommends a minimum design speeds of
40 kn/hr.  And I believe should be recommending a
minimum design speed of 50 km/hr.  But again design
speeds are not speed limits.

I suggest that point be clarified for the sake of the
accuracy of our submission.

The main changes are:
The removal of "get rid of pedestrians" references,
it's bad form and not going to happen anyway,
anywhere, anytime.

Changed general references of cyclists to shared path
users and cycle lane to shared lane.
Better form if we are concerned for the issues and
safety of other users as well as cyclists.

More emphasis and detail on the parking and road
changes to put shared lane on the inside of the
circuit.

Minor sentence construction to better express the
meaning.

No guarantees of all typos being gone though.

Dan