[CAMWEST-discuss] safe route to M2

Robert Catford droftac at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 30 11:58:45 UTC 2005

Dear Sean,

Not sure what section of M2 you are heading for but regional route 2 of the Parramatta Bike PLan takes a rather safe but circuitous route to M2 from Parramatta CBD via O'Connell St then Kleins Rd Northmead and keep following the signs and you get to the start of the M2 at Abbott Rd. If you are heading more east on the M2 and time is of the essence then you cant beat North Rocks Rd with its wide car parking lane but rather hilly. It gets busy after reaching the North Rocks shops on to the junction with Pennant Hills Rd. On Pennant Hills Rd, its just short bike ride on the footpath up to the M2. Until Windsor Rd is made safer for cyclists, I'm afraid that there is no safe and direct route from Parramatta to the M2.

For more info on CAMWEST and cycling in Western Sydney, do a search on the name to find our website