[CAMWEST-discuss] Re: bridge over Fidlayson Creek at Allen St, Sth Wentworthville

Ian Macindoe imacian at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 16 19:39:35 UTC 2005

Sorry for the delay, Mark. I've not seen this til now (Thursday). I'm familiar with the area you describe, but have cycled it only from one direction, so my perspective is a bit limited. However, the strongest point I can make --- and this applies generally to issues like this --- is that there is no substitute for on-site discussions with the relevant parties. Accordingly, I urge you to copy this email to Brad Donaldson (RTA) and any other RTA and Council personnel that you think needs to be involved. Then arrange for an on-site discussion. If I can make it on the date and time you decide on I'd be happy to be involved. [A dozen or more years ago, Russ Webber arranged an on-site meeting to resolve the problem of how to get the cycleway to go under the Allen St bridge. I attended that meeting and learned the importance of on-site meetings.]

I suspect the Mayor is correct, and agree that either 2 or 3 (possibly 4) would be the way to go. Brad Donaldson is still the key RTA person to alert to these kinds of problems and we know his 'track record' for getting things done in the right way. So, I'd email him (Brad_Donaldson at rta.nsw.gov.au) and follow up with a phone call (9831 0961) to line up an on-site meeting to discuss the options. [Brad may be on vacation at present; I'm waiting on a reply from him myselft on another matter].
Ian