[CAMWEST-discuss] Bike Track

Jonhol2 at netscape.net Jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Dec 14 05:23:45 UTC 2005

Julie,
     saw your post on the CamWest site. There aren't many ways through Parramatta without hitting the main roads. I used to travel from Granville to Northmead through Parra & the best I found was to leave the M4 Cycle way at Harris St Granville,follow it up to Macquarie St, turn left, all the way along Macquarie St & into Parramatta Park  & on to Westmead. Harris st carries a bit of traffic & Macquarie is two lanes one way. The traffic can be a bit hectic but rideable. I was only hit once in three years of commuting.

Another suggestion is to follow the cycleway under Woodville Rd until you come to a pedestrian underpass which takes you into Railway St at Merrylands. There is a climb up a hill into Pitt St which then feeds you into Parramatta Park. There is a bus way there as well (Pitt St).

The RTA website also has some maps as PDF Files which detail all the on and off road cycle paths.

Hope this helps

John Holstein
Northmead

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.