[CAMWEST-discuss] Initial thoughts on M7 shared path

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Tue Jan 10 11:48:11 UTC 2006

Dear Folks,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:07:43PM +1100, Rob Kemp wrote:

> My inital impressions of the M7 shared path is that it's fantastic !!
> Okay, I might be slightly biased in that I live so close and can be on
> it wthin 2 or 3 minutes of jumping on the bike.
> I've been out riding 3 of the last 4 evenings, and have been pleasantly
> surprised at how many people have been using the path.  The section
> between Woodstock Ave and Richmond Rd seems to be particularly well used
> (This is probably understandable as it has a higher population density
> surrounding it than other sections).
> I've seen family groups out riding, parents with toddlers on the back,
> young kids with trainer wheels on their bike, scooters, skateboarders -
> even a tandem this evening.  The list goes on: Dog walkers, joggers,
> people just out walking etc.  The only disadvantage is that you
> sometimes have to slow down to dodge everyone (I can live with that one
> though!)

I went riding with my 6-year old son from Rooty Hill Station to Kings
Langley on the first Sunday after it was opened.  We left in the heat
of the afternoon.

My son complained that there were too many hills; it is far
hillier than the motorway.  It was good when the track is further from
the motorway, but at times it was hard to maintain a conversation over
the noise of the traffic.  It is a little less tranquil than, say, the
ride from Guildford to Prospect Reservoir, or even Merrylands to
Liverpool.

We'll be back, since this provides a way to cycle to his cousin's
house.
--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE       http://nicku.org          nicku(at)nicku.org
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24    ID: BB9D2C24