[CAMWEST-discuss] M7 webpage

Rob Kemp robkemp at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 31 02:49:12 UTC 2006

Yep, the links to Chandos & Saxony Rds are in the spreadsheet.
It's 2 km from the M7 to the Prospect Canal/Propect-Abbotsbury paths
along Chandos. Chandos has a 60 kmph speed limit, and some (limited)
street lighting.  Not much traffic, so it's quite a good ride.
A couple of weeks ago I explored  the link from 'The Dairy' (off
Cowpasture Rd) up to Sugarloaf Ridge (Quite a climb, as Mark suggested),
then down to the M7 path at Saxony Rd.
If anyone wants some hill practice on bitumen but away from cars, I can
reccomend the route !!
The other alternative if you want to avoid the steep hill is to use the
shared path on Elizabeth Dr.  On the south side of Elizabeth Dr it's
complete from Cowpasture accept for about 10 metres at the entrance to
the M7 path.  Still a bit of a climb up though!
At the moment the spreadsheet is fairly large if printed out (3xA3
sheets), but I've got some ideas on making it more compact...Just need
some time to do it!  Hopefully in the next week or so.

cheers,

Rob