[CAMWEST-discuss] [Fwd: [david at bbpa.com.au: Photos of Parramatta Historic Buildings]]

Martin Olmos olmos at tpg.com.au
Fri Feb 24 05:22:06 UTC 2006

CAMWESTies, am seeking comment on the draft email below in response to a
request for the Heritage Ride photos:

David,

I'm the copyright owner of most of the photos - except for some that
belong to Parramatta Council and/or Parramatta Heritage Centre, which
are explicitly marked as such. I cannot grant permission for the use of
these other photos, and you should follow up with council for them.

I'm glad you liked the photos, and thanks for doing the right thing and
following up the copyright owner.

Given yours is a commercial operation, I'd like to propose a $20
donation to Anglicare for each photo that you choose to print for the
one hotel. I could send you the original, high resolution JPEGs for any
images you'd like (just email me the URLs from the website).

You could make the donation yourself and send me a copy of the receipt
as proof, or you can pay me and I'll then send you a copy of the receipt
as proof that I've made the donation.

I hope you see I'm not trying to profiteer from you. I was paid from a
public grant to produce the photos and website, and I think it's fair
enough that a private company pays for their use.

If you're happy with this, I would happily provide written permission
for the use of the photos - I'd request that you keep the 'Copyright
Martin Olmos' notice on each print you produce.

Regards,
Martin