[CAMWEST-discuss] Ride suggestion - picnic

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 04:35:46 UTC 2006

G'day all,

A recent trip along the M7, M4 and Northern Rd showed
how improved cycling facilities are.

As a result I congratulate CAMWEST (yes a small pat on
the back for myself as well) for the facilities that
are now in place, that for so many years we fought so
hard to get.

I am proposing a ride to Bent's Basin and picnic/BBQ
and swim and for the fit a ride back, no date yet but
please make suggestions, a Saturday would be best
because Sundays are crowded at Bent's Basin.

Cyclists converge and meet at the Light Horse
intersection on the M7/M4, continue on the M4 to
Northern Rd (smooth wide seal shoulder) then on to
Wallacia and Bent's Basin.

Possible family picnic and fun, cycle or car return.

In round numbers it's about 60km from Parramatta and
Baulkham Hills, less from further west and no hard
climbs, gently rolling terrain.

Any takers

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com