[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Reform Bicycle NSW

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Wed Jun 28 09:26:04 UTC 2006

Dear Folks,

Here are some interesting ideas from Ian.

----- Forwarded message from john kyriazis <ioannis_zis at yahoo.com> -----

From: john kyriazis <ioannis_zis at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: ashbug at telstra.com, sally at full-screen-ahead.com.au,
	secretary at bww.org.au, info at bikenorth.org.au, grant at grcontrols.net,
	bsday at optusnet.com.au, pwe01326 at bigpond.net.au, KRIXggrh at bigpond.com,
	bgrinberg at telstra.com, contact at baybug.org.au, cctcc at bigpond.com,
	katandra at bigpond.com, jclewer at bigpond.net.au, jan2max at bigpond.net.au,
	info at camwest.pps.com.au, george1h at 0tusnet.com.au,
	john-j-OBrien at bigpond.com, president at sydneyspokes.com,
	timothy at australia.edu, 1bicycle at lisp.com.au, CBushell at csu.edu.au,
	dbathers at bigpond.net.au, agwood at hn.ozemail.com.au,
	david.and.barb at iinet.net.au, fractalbug at yahoo.com.au, haworth at tsn.cc,
	bccycles at nor.com.au, gregmonk at bigpond.net.au, ScribePJ at TPG.com.au,
	alland1 at bigpond.com, nebug at optusnet.com.au,
	cycleways at hunterlink.net.au, patriciagriffen at bigpond.com.au,
	gregw at nor.com.au, rpabarlow at netwit.net.au, ggodde at vtown.com.au,
	begabug_7 at hotmail.com, laja.florence at bigpond.com,
	gjsearle at bigpond.com, info at stgeorgebug.org.au,
	candgfloyd at hotmail.com, enquiry at toukleycycleclub.org.au,
	judd at tpg.com.au, windsorcyclist at windsorcyclists.org.au/
Subject: Reform Bicycle NSW

I'm sending this email to generate discussion amongst the BUGS about reforming
Bicycle NSW in order to give BUGS and the 10 000 NSW members more  say in how
its run. Please discuss this with your members and then email your opinion/
questions to either john or Ian.
thank you.

As a follow up to some discussion at the 2005 Annual General Meeting of Bicycle
NSW we would be interested to know the thoughts of others to the following
proposal.
To encourage greater participation of members of Bicycle NSW in the Annual
General Meeting we suggest the following:

  ● To increase Bicycle NSW s commitment to and involvement with its members,
    we suggest that positions on its Board be 'elected by lot' , specifically
    to liaise with and promote BUGs throughout NSW. (please note: 'elected by
    lot' means random selection from membership list.)
  ● Some weeks prior to the AGM there be a special boxed section of Push On
    outlining the main purposes and issues to be taken up at the AGM.

  ● The AGM to occur during the last half day of a two-day BUGs workshop
    dealing with

      (a) BUG purposes and activities, (b) BUG governance, and (c) BNSW
governance.

  ● The BUG workshop be organised and hosted by one of the larger/more
    successful BUGs at no substantial cost to Bicycle NSW as an organisation.
    So, for example, if Bathurst BADBUG or Bicycle Wagga Wagga or Northern
    Rivers Cycling Club or NAMBUG or BUG LE BUG (Leeton) or Cootamundra BUG
    hosts the workshop, then they would provide the appropriate facilities for
    the AGM also.

The effect of such changes to the present operation of Bicycle NSW would be to
shift emphasis towards the role of BUGs vis- -vis the central support
organisation (Bicycle NSW). It would also, we hope, tend to provide a balance
to the traditional Sydney-centric operation of Bicycle NSW. We think it would
certainly lead to productive ideas for BUGs to share and could even make the
AGM fun!
Ian Macindoe
Cyclists  Action Movement WEST
Bicycle NSW   Life Member
imacian at bigpond.net.au

Bike South West
Bussies on bikes
john kyriazis ioannis_zis at yahoo.com

Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org