[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Re: Reform Bicycle NSW

Jonhol2 at netscape.net Jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Jul 4 09:31:39 UTC 2006

Do I sense some sour grapes. I have had an article printed in Ausralian Cyclist Magazine, two letters to the editor, both were letters of the month & also one "My Commute" published. In the case of my first article on the Simpson Desert Cycle Challenge & My Commute contribution, I was not even a member of Bicycle NSW & I don't consider myself to be a particularly articualte journalist, just an ordinary cyclist with an interest in the activity.

We don't need to fight amongst ourselves and bicker over what type of cycling is best or who is in the "in crowd.".You only have to read the letters to the editor in the Sydney papers to realise what motorists think of us. What we need to do is encourage people to just get on their bike. Forget the elitism, it doesn't matter what you ride, be it a Birdy,a carbon fibre road bike, a recumbent, penny farthing or a supermarket $89-00 special (well maybe not an $89-00 special)as long as you get out there, ride it and promote the activity.

As for the Board of Bicycle NSW, put yourself out there and promote cycling to the hilt. Age or qualifications should not be a consideraion, just a passion to promote cycling to the best of your ability.

John Holstein
Northmead.