[CAMWEST-discuss] MS Gong ride and preperation

Mark Robson Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Tue Aug 8 02:38:08 UTC 2006

Hi Ian,

Sun October  15th        6.00 am  Ride of Seven Hills
                                                Fitness preperation ride for 'Gong ride.
                                           Meeting Point:    Veron St Wentworthville, car park and end of cyclepath
                                                            at Northern end of Lytton St Park

                                            Western Sydney has a number of suburbs with 'Hill' in the name, we visit them all,  Pendle Hill,
                                            Seven Hills, Quakers Hill, M7, Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills,...... and so on. Never a flat kilometre
                                            but the downhills make the climbing worthwhile.

                                            This is a 3 hour, 50  to 60 km ride of continual uphill and downhill. Suitable for  fit  adults with
                                               some  hill riding experience. Almost completely on-road with typical suburban traffic situations.

                                          This  ride through the hills is an annual ride that I do
                                          to make sure  my  legs and our bikes are fit for the 'Gong ride in Nov,
                                          and is not really intended to drag out beginners, it's too difficult a ride.

                                          The 6 am start  reflects that it is for a ride for committed experienced riders, and for
                                          that  you 'll either get out of bed, or NOT. Sunrise is 5 am that day,
                                          I know from Geoscience web site that calculates it for you, so by 6 am
                                          conditions for riding will be absolutely perfect, and roads traffic free.

                                          I'm not running  this to attract new cyclists as the other rides are intended,
                                          I'm doing the ride anyway, so I thought I'd thow it open to others
                                          that might like to attend.

Sun 7th Nov                8.00 am MS 'Gong ride

                                        Any Camwesties considering doing this ride are welcome to join our little group.
                                        We are all in our mid-40's and so we ride at about 20 km/h and don't over exert ourselves, and stop at all the rest areas
                                        to enjoy the day. We typically aim to start at 8am and finish about 1.30 pm after 4-1/2 hours in the saddle and one hour of rest breaks.
                                        For those that don't know, an entry fee applies.
                                        Details at:
                                        http://www.gongride.org.au/

                                        I MAY be able to provide transport ( with bike ) back to Holroyd for one or two depending on numbers,
                                        which will be known closer to the day.

Mark Robson

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential.

They may contain legally privileged information or copyright material.

You should not read, copy, use or disclose them without authorisation.

If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us at once by return e-mail.

We do not accept liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or
unauthorised amendment.