[CAMWEST-discuss] Seniors Week

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Mon Aug 28 08:52:12 UTC 2006

 Hi,
    I have an idea for Seniors Week & have had a look at their funding guidelines. Individuals are unable to apply as I assume it would have something to do with insurance & public liability etc, so I was wondering what the feeling of CamWest members would be.

The idea I had was to have a one or two day workshop for seniors to introduce or reintroduce them to cycling. I would envisage the workshop covering topics such as selecting a bike, basic maintenance, what the different parts of the bike do ( I am not quite a senior but I grew up with single speed bikes & back pedal brakes), road rules, basic riding techniques, exercises etc,. I have a couple of mates who are Police Bicycle Instructors who have approval and accreditation to run this type of course as secondary employment & they are willing to provide their expertise for costs. I can probably do a bit better than that with them if I try. I am sure that one of the bike shops in the Parramatta area could be persuaded to assist with some basic maintenance.

What is the feeling of other members?

John Holstein
Northmead
Ph 0410662390