[CAMWEST-discuss] Seniors Week

Ian Macindoe imacian at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 28 23:59:19 UTC 2006

It's basically a good idea, John, although I'm not confident that you'd attract a sufficient number of seniors to make it worthwhile. My six rides earlier this year were aimed at seniors originally and were publicised at meetings of the National Seniors Association (Parramatta Evening Branch) which usually has about 70 people in attendance. One couple took it up. Maybe as the oil depletion bites (really hard in a few years from now) there'd be more incentive for the old folks to get back to cycling. If there was some way you could be sure of getting a dozen oldies along before putting in an application for funds, that would be the way to go. Might be worthwhile exploring this with the appropriate people in the Parramatta City Council (also Holroyd, Baulkham Hills, Blacktown and Auburn).
Ian