[CAMWEST-discuss] rides???

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Fri Sep 1 02:01:55 UTC 2006

Dear Monty,

On 01/09/06 08:56 +1000, scotty74 at froggy.com.au wrote:
>g'day
>
>                i was just looking at your site and i was wondering
>if you have regular rides

I'm sorry to say that regularity is not our forte at the moment, but
we do have some great people who have organised a lot of rides for,
well, just the joy of it.

>that i could possibly join in on in and around the bankstown area

We tend to be involved more with the Parramatta/Blacktown/Holroyd
area than Bankstown, though we do get out over a pretty big area!

>i have just gotten back on my bike after some years

A good idea!

>and i am looking to increase my fittnes as well as enjoy my riding
>but at the moment i do not know many bike tracks/paths near me and
>the maps from the rta are good but unless you carry it with you or
>have a photographic memory are not much help as a lot of signs get
>pulled down. at the moment

I agree that the signposting of bicycle paths is often abysmally poor.
We all share your experience, and some of us work with various
councils to try to improve the situation.

>i am averaging about 23km per hour and do about 45km per ride but i
>really want to increase both of these to at lease 30km per hour and
>70km per ride or more........ i look forward to your responce.

Well, Monty, I'm forwarding this to our mailing list at
http://nicku.org/mailman/listinfo/camwest-discuss where maybe some
people who know more about Bankstown BUGs can help you get in touch
with the right people.

>monty

Al the best to you, Monty, and happy and safe riding!
Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org