[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Re: Pushon

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Tue Sep 5 08:43:55 UTC 2006

Dear Folks,

Some more on the Push On debate.

While I'm here, is anyone interested in updating *our* part of Push On?
It is currently languishing at

http://www.pushon.com.au/rides/RidesCalendar_byBUG.asp?BugID=20 and at
http://www.pushon.com.au/news/news_Overview_byBUG.asp?bugID=20

Anyone who is interested, please speak up!

----- Forwarded message from Robert Moore <fractalbug at yahoo.com.au> -----

From: Robert Moore <fractalbug at yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:24:54 +1000 (EST)
To: Doug & Nina Bathersby <dbathers at bigpond.net.au>,
	'Full Screen Ahead' <enquiries at full-screen-ahead.com.au>,
	'john kyriazis' <ioannis_zis at yahoo.com>,
	'Ian McAllan' <ducula at tpg.com.au>, scribepj at tpg.com.au
Cc: president at bikenorth.org.au,
	'Ian Macindoe' <imacian at bigpond.net.au>,
	'Milton Judd' <judd at tpg.com.au>, enquiry at toukleycycleclub.org.au,
	candgfloyd at hotmail.com, info at stgeorgebug.org.au,
	gjsearle at bigpond.com, laja.florence at bigpond.com,
	begabug_7 at hotmail.com, ggodde at vtown.com.au, rpabarlow at netwit.net.au,
	gregw at nor.com.au, patriciagriffen at bigpond.com.au,
	cycleways at hunterlink.net.au, nebug at optusnet.com.au,
	alland1 at bigpond.com, gregmonk at bigpond.net.au, bccycles at nor.com.au,
	haworth at tsn.cc, david.and.barb at iinet.net.au,
	agwood at hn.ozemail.com.au, CBushell at csu.edu.au, 1bicycle at lisp.com.au,
	timothy at australia.edu, president at sydneyspokes.com,
	john-j-OBrien at bigpond.com, george1h at 0tusnet.com.au,
	info at camwest.pps.com.au, jan2max at bigpond.net.au,
	jclewer at bigpond.net.au, katandra at bigpond.com, cctcc at bigpond.com,
	contact at baybug.org.au, bgrinberg at telstra.com, KRIXggrh at bigpond.com,
	pwe01326 at bigpond.net.au, bsday at optusnet.com.au, grant at grcontrols.net,
	'Bike North' <info at bikenorth.org.au>, secretary at bww.org.au,
	sally at full-screen-ahead.com.au, ashbug at telstra.com,
	fractalbug at yahoo.com.au, russell webberr <webberrus at yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: Pushon

--- Doug & Nina Bathersby <dbathers at bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

> I have been a BNSW member for 17 years, have done 12 Big Rides and
> have seen the fortunes of BNSW ebb and flow. However I cannot see
> how my suggestion, which I will be lodging as a motion at the AGM to
> reinstate Push On in the magazine, is going to drive BNSW into
> insolvency.There has been no resentment from members as you state
> only trying to get the boards attention and listen to the members
> concerns.
>
> Regards
>
> Doug Bathersby
> Public Officer
> HV Bug Inc.
> Windsor

There would have been a cost saving in not having to print and insert
Pushon into AC. Whether this was the full reason for the change to
online I dont know.

Online is definitely easier and more versatile and upto date than the
printed version as far as Rides goes, and while I sympathise with
those who like to put their feet up and read the print version, it is
still pretty accessible. Also it should be good for News and Views and
Advocacy work but I dont think it is set up for that as yet - nor is
the BNSW site.  Example- there is nothing in the RTA Issues section
under Advocacy on the BNSW site. Heres one - what about the shocking
state of many city roads? No mention of the recent ATSB study on
cycling fatalities either, or the AAMI study on NSW drivers.

 We still need a full time advocacy officer and plenty of volunteer
assistants to mount campaigns or coordinate action on various issues
(including putting some content on the websites), speak to the media
etc.

Bobm
LBUG

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org