[CAMWEST-discuss] Saturday's ride

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Mon Sep 18 06:53:52 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

On 18/09/06 15:59 +1000, Mark Robson wrote:
>Dear CAMWESTies,

>RE:  This weekend's ride to Olympic Park

>The bad news is that I have fractured the cup on my rear
>hub. Carrying my growing 20 kg passenger has taken a huge toll on the
>wheel and the symptom of continually breaking spokes has now been
>properly diagnosed.
>
>The worse news is that I cannot get a replacement hub before the
>weekend.

Do you mean the hub itself is not available, or that the labour to
spoke up the hub into your rim is not available?

>So unless someone will step up and lead the ride it will have to be
>cancelled.  Rob had volunteered to assist by riding at the back.

I think you could still do it.  Borrow my bike and trailer bike.

>Since the weight will destroy the wheel of anyone that offers a
>replacement bike this is not a request to borrow a bike.

I have an alternative suggestion.  You could borrow my bike and
trailer bike.  You would fit my bike.  Would your child fit the
trailer bike?

It's probably a good idea for you and your child to try it out
together before the ride, so the sooner you pick it up the better!

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org