[CAMWEST-discuss] Name of CAMWEST (not CAMWest) on Push On Web Site

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Thu Sep 21 07:32:42 UTC 2006

Dear Jenni,

Please could you change the name of CAMWEST on Push On:

CAMWest => CAMWEST

----- Forwarded message from Ian Macindoe <imacian at bigpond.net.au> -----

From: "Ian Macindoe" <imacian at bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:47:41 +1000
To: "Nick Urbanik" <nicku at nicku.org>
Subject: Re: RE: Push On Website

Nick
It has always been CAMWEST as far as I'm concerned, although some members
keep using other formulations (for reasons that are always a mystery to me).
As an acronym it makes sense to write it in full as Cyclists' Action
Movement WEST which, when one takes the first letter of the first three
words, gives CAM and then add WEST to get CAMWEST. This has been our
traditional name and acronym and, in my view, looks better than camWEST,
CAMwest, or any other combination of letters.
Ian
PS I'll be able to give you the updated news on our work with Parramatta
City Council after the next meeting of the Parramatta Cycleways Committee.
As for the rides, better to ask the two Robs, Paul, and Mark to assist.