[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Bicycle NSW: Advocacy News for BUGs

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Thu Oct 5 00:57:12 UTC 2006

Dear CAMWESTies,

Perhaps we can work with Kate.

----- Forwarded message from Kate Marley <KMarley at bicyclensw.org.au> -----

From: "Kate Marley" <KMarley at bicyclensw.org.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:52:17 +1000
Cc: "Alex Unwin" <aunwin at bicyclensw.org.au>, <pushon at shirelife.com>
Subject: Bicycle NSW:  Advocacy News for BUGs

To all BUG Presidents in NSW,

I just wanted to formally introduce myself as the newest team member at Bicycle
NSW - my name is Kate Marley and I have just joined as Head of Advocacy.

Advocacy at Bicycle NSW
As you may have read in the latest edition of PushOn (http://www.pushon.com.au/
Admin/news/PushOn.pdf), we have great plans for advocacy at Bicycle NSW and I
am very excited about the opportunity to get more of the community on bikes and
enjoying the benefits of cycling.

We have already started preparation for the upcoming State Election campaign,
and many of you would have already seen our response to the NSW State Plan.  In
the next few weeks, it is our intention to develop materials that can be used
by BUGs and members to help facilitate your advocacy efforts in your local
area.

These materials will be posted on the Bicycle NSW & PushOn web sites and will
be a 'work in progress' and I welcome comments from you all.

Bicycle NSW web site
You may have already seen our 'new & improved' web site, if not, have a quick
look now.  I think you'll be as pleased as we are with the
improvements, but again please be aware that this is just the initial
phase - there's further content and functionality improvements due in the near
future.  So if you have any comments we might be able to build in please let us
know.

Bicycle NSW Christmas Party
On behalf of Bicycle NSW, I would like to invite all BUG Presidents to our
Christmas Party at the office on Thursday 14th December at 4pm...so put the
date in your diaries now, drop me an email to RSVP and I'll provide you with
more details nearer the time.

Once again, please do not hesitate to contact me (details below) if you have
any questions, comment or suggestions...I'm all ears!

Kind regards, Kate

Kate Marley
Head of Advocacy
Bicycle NSW

t:   02 9218 5414
f:   02 9281 6099
e:  kmarley at bicyclensw.org.au
www.bicyclensw.org.au
[BNSWforEma]
                        It's Spring!  Get on yer bike!

             Sunday 22 October  -  Portfolio Partners Spring Cycle
                Sydney's premier fun cycling event for all ages
                          see www.springcycle.com.au

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org