[CAMWEST-discuss] gear for cycling to work

Mark Robson Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Mon Nov 13 22:06:40 UTC 2006

After writing the list of 'necessities' that I found in my kit bag
I'm starting to worry that it may turn off potential new commuters.

Something needs to be added about how you don't need all the stuff at once,
and about starting out riding 2-3 days a week on the 'nice' weather days,
and about how all these things make great birthday, Xmas, mothers/fathers day presents
and the 'kit' can therefore be built up over a number of years.

I like the line in Dr Rissel's document that a 15 minute each way
cycle to and from work each day reduces risk of heart attack and associated other nasties
such as diabeties by FORTY %!

I'll keep working on it,
comments and suggestions apreciated.

Mark R