[CAMWEST-discuss] [LBUG] Fwd: M2 News update

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 11:02:36 UTC 2007

Many cyclists use the M2 for travel to/from weatern Sydney to Ryde and further east, CAMWEST represents western Sydney cyclists, with a section of the M2 being not available to cyclists, bicycle travel from western Sydeney to Ryde and further east becomes impractical.  CAMWEST should be at least invited to any meetings with the M2 and RTA people.

There are very valid reasons for maintaining a bicycle/breakdown lane on the whole of the M2, both for safety of all tollway users and maintained flow of traffic, not to mention the other reasons to maintain active transport facilities, polution reduction, greenhouse gas reduction, conservation of resourses, community health.

My thoughts on the subject are that if Transurban and the state government will not maintain safe bicycle lanes on the whole of the M2 then we disrupt the the M2 with regular mass rides.

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com