[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Tour de Warrumbungles 2007, Four rides with Rob Kemp

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun Feb 4 07:40:56 UTC 2007

Dear CAMWESTies,

Some of you may be interested in this.

Many of you might be interested in Rob Kemp's four rides.  Have a look
at our web site for details.

----- Forwarded message from Jane & Milton Judd <ukerbarley at dodo.com.au> -----

From: Jane & Milton Judd <ukerbarley at dodo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:30:20 +1100
To: ashbug at telstra.com, sally at bargo.info, mbooth at chcs.com.au,
	secretary at bww.org.au, info at bikenorth.org.au, b.day at unswalumni.com,
	contact at bikesouthwest.org.au, mwortho at bigpond.net.au,
	cityride at bikesydney.org, pwe01326 at bigpond.net.au,
	markr at australwright.com.au, KRIXggrh at bigpond.com,
	bgrinberg at telstra.com, contact at baybug.org.au, katandra at bigpond.com,
	cctcc at bigpond.com, rilem at exemail.com.au, debbiebarrett at bigpond.com,
	jan2max at bigpond.net.au, info at camwest.pps.com.au,
	george1h at optusnet.com.au, John-J-OBrien at bigpond.com,
	president at sydneyspokes.com, timothy at australia.edu,
	CBushell at csu.edu.au, 1bicycle at lisp.com.au,
	lmpatterson at gundagai.nsw.gov.au, dbathers at bigpond.net.au,
	agwood at hn.ozemail.com.au, david.and.barb at linet.net.au,
	fractalbug at yahoo.com.au, kevin.pull at sswahs.nsw.gov.au,
	kenhall at primus.com.au, haworth at tsn.cc, massbug at massbug.org.au,
	bccycles at nor.com.au, gregmonk at bigpond.net.au, scribePJ at tpg.com.au,
	alland1 at bigpond.com, graham.andrews at bigpond.com,
	nebug at optusnet.com.au, cycleways at hunterlink.net.au,
	pjaje at bigpond.com, gregw at nor.com.au, rpabarlow at netwit.net.au,
	ggodde at vtown.com.au, pushon at shirelife.com, begabug_7 at hotmail.com,
	sharkbite at sharkbite.org.au, laja.florence at bigpond.com,
	gisearle at bigpond.com, info at stgeorgebug.org.au,
	candgfloyd at hotmail.com, enquiry at toukleycycleclub.org.au,
	info at windsorcyclists.org.au, johnsuth at acenet.com.au,
	patriciagriffen at bigpond.com.au
Subject: Tour de Warrumbungles 2007

Hi all you BUG people
We're running the Tour de Warrumbungles for the 5th year on Sunday
April 1 with a social ride on the Saturday morning and dinner together
on Saturday night.
Entry fees are $20 per adult and $45 for a family (2 adults + children)
with any profits going to local Emergency Services (VRA and Rural Fire
Brigades).
All rides finish at the Warrumbungle National Park Visitors Centre with
a sausage sizzle and prize draw.  Non-riders must pay entry to the
National Park as usual.  Cakes and more sausage sandwiches will be
available for purchase
A bus will be provided to take riders back to their starting places if
necessary but we'd like to know about that beforehand.  We'd also like
to get as many entries as possible in beforehand to help us with
organisation.
I've included information about the rides in this email.  If you want
entry forms or maps, they can be downloaded from
www.coonabarabran.com/cycling or contact Milton Judd on 6843 4446.
Could you please pass this information on to your members.  We'd love
to see them for one of the rides.
Jane Judd

Η	50 km Astronomical Ride is for very fit riders who love big
mountains.  It starts at the Coonabarabran Visitor Info Centre (CVC) at
8.30 am, and registration is from 8.00 am at CVC.  The ride goes by
back streets to the Timor Road then up to Siding Spring Observatory
before the downhill run through the Warrumbungle National Park to its
western boundary before returning to the National Park Visitors centre
for lunch.

Η	43 km Big Hills, No Spills Rocket Ride is for experienced
cyclists.  It starts at the Coonabarabran Visitor Info Centre at 9.30
am with registration from 8.30 am at CVC.  Riders stay on the Timor
Road once they’ve left town and ride directly to the western boundary
of the Warrumbungle National Park before returning to the park Visitors
Centre.

Η	23 km Comet Rush Ride is for experienced riders seeking a
downhill thrill.  It starts at Siding Spring Observatory (SSO) at 10.30
am, with registration from 10.00 am at SSO.  This is a spectacular and
exciting 16 km downhill run from the Observatory through the
Warrumbungle National Park to the western boundary before returning to
the park Visitors Centre for lunch.

Η	12 km Stardust Orbital Ride is for novice or young riders,
starting at Strathmore Turnoff in Warrumbungle National Park at 11 am,
registration from 10.30 am at Strathmore.  Participants ride through
undulating hills and spectacular scenery to the western boundary of the
National Park before, once again, returning to the Visitors Centre for
lunch.

 All rides will finish at Warrumbungle National Park Visitors Centre by
                               12.30 pm.
                       All rides are on bitumen.

        Coffee and cakes available at Siding Spring Observatory
   Lucky Riders Prizes - Drink Stops - Free Sausage Sandwich with all
                                entries.
   All proceeds after costs go to local Volunteer Emergency Services

Adult entry - $20;  Student concession - $10;  Family entry (2 adults +
students/children) - $45

Save money by entering in advance!  You can still enter on the day but
the cost will be $5 more for single entries and $10 more for family
groups.  Cheques are payable to Warrumbungle Wheelers BUG.

Information: Milton Judd 02 6843 4446, PO Box 420. COONABARABRAN. NSW
2357
	Or	wwbug at coonabarabran.com

Other Important Stuff

Saturday 31 March

Morning
For those who arrive early, there will be a Coffee Ride on Saturday
morning, starting at the Coonabarabran Tourist Centre at 9.00 am.  This
will be a 27 km circuit starting to the east along the Purlewaugh Road
(bitumen) and returning along the River Road (also bitumen).  There are
a 6.5 kilometres of dirt road linking the bitumen.  It’s a really
pretty ride.  We will finish for coffee/breakfast/lunch at the Woop
Woop Café in Coonabarabran.

Evening
For the last four years we have met for dinner at the Imperial Hotel
Bistro.  You can’t miss it.  It’s in the middle of town near the
clocktower.  No need to book or pay in advance.  It’s just an
opportunity to meet a few people in pleasant, inexpensive
circumstances.  We look forward to seeing you there.

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org