[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Rosemarie's email to NSW BUGs and clubs

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Mon Feb 19 10:58:11 UTC 2007

Dear CAMWESTies,

Perhaps some of you will go to this.

----- Forwarded message from office at cyclingpromotion.com.au -----

From: <office at cyclingpromotion.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:11:37 +1100
To: "Cycling Promotion Fund" <office at cyclingpromotion.com.au>
Subject: Rosemarie's email to NSW BUGs and clubs

Dear cycling supporters

I am sure you agree with us that NSW is falling behind the rest of Australia
in their support and investment in cycling. The per capita spending for
cycling in NSW is much lower than the rest of Australia and not
surprisingly, as a consequence, cycling participation levels and bicycle
sales are the lowest in Australia and bicycle riders are faced with more
barriers.

We believe that it has never been a better time to increase investment into
cycling to address climate change, child obesity and fuel costs.

The Cycling Promotion Fund, an initiative of the Bicycle Industries
Australia Ltd., is supporting a campaign in the lead up to the March 24 NSW
election to rise the profile of cycling and to gain greater media, community
and government support for cycling investment.

We have engaged Matrix Corporate Marketing to manage the campaign for us and
we have been working with the cycling community to develop the key messages,
demands and strategies which includes a website

www.vote4cycling.com.au,

letters to all candidates with a survey, postcards, media releases and half
page adverts in key local papers as well as metropolitan papers in the week
before the election.

To enhance the effectiveness of the campaign we need support from the
cycling community and supporters of strategies which will make NSW more
cycle friendly. If you visit the website you will see a number of options to
support the campaign.

We are also running a campaign workshop on Saturday 24. February 2007 to
brief anyone interested in the campaign and to provide tips and strategies
to make a difference.

The workshop will be held at the Y Hotel, Lady Reid room at 5-11 Wentworth
Ave Sydney from 2pm to 4pm. Refreshments will be available.

Unfortunately the hotel does not provide bike parking. We encourage people
to park their bike in Hyde Park in the lawn area on the corner of Oxford and
Liverpool Streets (Whitlam Square).  We will arrange someone to watch the
bikes.

Please let us know if you are attending so we know how many people to
expect. To confirm your attendance at the campaign workshop send an email to
office at cyclingpromotion.com.au

Thank you for your support, lets work together to get a better deal for
bicycle riders in NSW.

Kind Regards

Rosemarie Speidel
Program Director, Cycling Promotion Fund
PO Box 3052 Auburn Victoria 3123
Ph 03-9818-5400 Fax 03-9818-4535
www.cyclingpromotion.com.au
An initiative of the Bicycling Industry in Australia

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org