[CAMWEST-discuss] T-way Shared Path - beyond the M7

Mark Robson Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Thu Mar 8 22:00:13 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I often have cause to drive to and from Windsor along this corridor.

Over the last few months I have been steadily watching this cyclepath grow.
The route has an on-road bicycle lane from the M7 to the Sunnyholt Rd lights;
and the speed limit is 80 km/h. Not nice for timid beginners. I believe there may be
an off-road alternative being constructed along the Norwest side but I'm not sure.

From there the cyclepath begins and is pretty much complete to Rouse Hill,
where the cyclepath crosses the creek on the old road bridge. For the next
few kilometres the road and path work is nearing completion but is not quite complete yet.

From Vineyard to McGraths Hill the cyclepath is uninterrupted; and it showcases
the growing capacity of the RTA to design something good when they have the space.
 There are NO awful posts in the concrete to hit - NONE, there is handlebar overhang on both sides of the path,
there are unbroken lines across driveways to make it clear the cyclist has right of way,
and where the cyclists doesn't there are broken lines for the crossing vehicles,
 and a give way sign pointing at the cyclist.

McGraths Hill To Windsor is still the same with the narrowish off road path and the
very narrow bridge crossing.

Pretty soon Parra to Windsor will be a nice ride -

Mark R