[CAMWEST-discuss] Disruption to the CAMWEST mailing lists

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun Mar 11 19:27:53 UTC 2007

Dear CAMWESTies,

It is with great regret that I announce that I have just found out
that the new ISP I am switching to on Monday will block ports 25 and
80.  This means that I cannot host the mailing lists for CAMWEST from
my home machine any more.  The mailing list will stop about lunch time
on Monday 12 March 2007.

I am looking into buying a cheeper hosting alternative with
http://www.smartyhost.com.au/emailhosting.html.  They have proprietary
mailing list software and am investigating transferring the lists
there.  There is likely to be a change to the domain name as well.

I have also asked the nice people at pps.com.au if they will host
them.  However, the initial response seems not very favourable, and
may not be possible within this short time frame.

Please note that there will be no change or disruption to the location
or service from the web site.

I am really sorry about this, and hope you will forgive me for the
inconvenience.  I will keep you posted.

I have written about this at
http://camwest.pps.com.au/mailing-lists.shtml
Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org