[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Rouse Hill T-Way

Mark Robson Mark.Robson at australwright.com.au
Mon Mar 19 22:28:49 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have had a quick look at Michael's bikely map,

there is a new cycle bridge over the creek between the Cumberland Hwy and Briens Rd,
so it's not necessary to detour quite so far in this spot. However I don't know yet
how to get down the hill from Ferndale Close to Cumberland Hwy, I assume there is
some path still to be completed here, or perhaps cyclists are expected to go through
the back streets via Ferndale, Doig St and through the littl;e park there.

Anyway, this is preferable to the big detour roud Hammers Rd,
and that hammers Rd bridge is really dangerous as well, sorry Michael,
I've been nearly hit by a car there twice.

Unfortunately the route from Abbot Rd to Cumberland Hwy IS covered by something
that the T-Way people think is a bicycle route. It's all they are building and
it has some serious problems. They don't seem to understand that a double traffic lights
crossing like the one peter refers to at the intersection of Abbot Rd and Old Windsor Rd
is completely unattractive to any sort of cyclist. How much more would it have cost to clip
 an extra couple of metres of  LIGHT traffic width onto the bus overpass.

They spent about a million dollars on the bus overpass to cross Abbott Rd and cyclists
get a set of traffic lioghts with a bicycle lantern so we can ride across after waiting 5
minutes for the lights to change.

My solution:

What is neeed here is for the traffic light computer to be re-programmed so that when a cyclist crosses
one set of lights the cycle changes to turn the next set instantly green so the cyclist can clear the
 entire intersection in ONE GO! And pigs might fly too!

Mark R