[CAMWEST-discuss] Ian McIndoe on climate change discussion on TV

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 06:23:31 UTC 2007

Yes I saw him and he made more sense than every one else.  Which will cause the biggest impact first? global warming or energy depletion.  My bet is energy depletion any want to take me on for say $50.

Many engineers around the world have done the sums and renewables have a potential of only 20-25% of our current energy consumption.  Nuclear power has been largely static for many years and the price of uranium has escalated to supply that market, how is nuclear power going to expand under those conditions.

Every presenter on the show including Mark D (who I have a lot of respect for) talked a lot of crap.  Either mis-informed, not done their homwe work or down right lies.

Coal will become the energy source of the future it's use is growing at 5% pa, with or without carbon capture.  Carbon capture will be too expensive and never happen on a large scale in my lifetime, anyone want a little wager say $50 on this one.  By the way I'm 58 this year, maybe 20 years left.

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com