[CAMWEST-discuss] Parramatta T-Way & BNSW

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Apr 10 07:09:50 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,
                   I spoke with Alex Unwin today about the involvement of BNSW in the Parramatta T-Way problems. Alex has suggested that CamWest put together a submission to BNSW regarding the issue and he will take that to the Minister which will hopefully also raise the issue with the RTA. His sugestion was also that I approach him in this instance as a member of CamWest in the first instance & stating that I am also a Board Memebr of BNSW.

Alex suggested that we condense our current discussion emails on this issue and forward them to him, together with the fact that we are trying to meet with Parramatta City Council Traffic Commitee re same.

He also suggested some contact with Blacktown City Council re this issue as well. To that end, is anyone aware of problems or incomplete areas of the track beyond Parramatta's jurisdiction that we can document and raise with the Minister's office & RTA?

After my ride of a small section of the cycleway, I was amazed at the lack of maintenace & the state of the track already. I was also surprised at the state of the start of  M7 section & I am led to believe that there has been at least one significant mud slide further along that path. Can some one confirm this please, along with the current state of the M7 path?

Therefore, could you please forward any additional problems or issues that you may be aware of regarding this costly, yet currently mostly useless piece of infrastructure as soon as possible through the discussion board? I will compile a reply to Alex as soon as I have a sufficient amount of information, possibly by this time next week. I will forward a copy to the discussion before forwarding it to Alex.

Thanks

John Holstein

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"