[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Bicycle NSW Newsflash

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun May 20 01:02:29 UTC 2007

Dear CAMWESTies,

I don't know if it is appropriate to forward this to you.  Please let
me know if I'm forwarding too much stuff that is irelevant to you.

----- Forwarded message from Bicycle NSW <noreply at bicyclensw.org.au> -----

From: Bicycle NSW <noreply at bicyclensw.org.au>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:52:37 +1000
To: nicku at nicku.org
Subject: Bicycle NSW Newsflash

City of Sydney World Environment Day Film Nights: 4 and 5 June
6:30PM - 8:30PM
Celebrate World Environment Day with the City of Sydney's Film Nights
at the Chauvel Cinema, Paddington, Monday 4 June - Tuesday 5 June, as
part of their Sustainable Sydney 2030 program. Monday night's
featured film is Detour De France, a lighthearted look at the Tour De
France '05 through the eyes of three Aussie larrikins. For more
information...
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn/html/custom/2234-event-details.asp?EventID=23398.

For your chance to win a double pass to the watch the Detour de
France see the competition below.

Clarence Street Cyclery are celebrating their 32nd Birthday with a
huge instore sale. The sale runs for 5 days from Wednesday 23rd of
May through to Sunday 27th of May. There will be great savings of up
to 50% on all items including bikes, accessories and clothing. See
http://www.cyclery.com.au/ for more details.

2008 BIG RIDE ANNOUNCEMENT
We're very excited; we can finally let you in on the latest goss.
It's been a tricky secret to keep... and now it's time for us to
share...

The 2008 Big Ride has changed, Bicycle NSW and Bicycle Victoria are
combining to bring you an even better event - 'The Great Escapade'.
We're off to the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley next year!
Think of the Three Sisters, Jenolan Caves, Zig Zag Railway, trips to
Dubbo Zoo, famous horse studs, wineries galore and a beach finish -
sound good? We've been talking to the Local Councils and communities
in the Region whilst driving around to find the most spectacular
riding route for you. We've been juggling the dates and distances and
making sure that we include all of the best towns, views, cafes,
wineries and options for side trips along the way.

There's so much to see that we couldn't squish it all into our
standard 9-day, Ride. We thought about chopping it short at either
end, but we couldn't decide between missing out on the Three Sisters
in the Blue Mountains and the gorgeous parks and coastline in
Newcastle... so we decided to do it all! We don't think everyone will
want to come away for 13 days, so the 2008 Great Escapade has three
options, three distances and three dates. You can choose your own
adventure!

The Great Escapade - Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley
29 March to 10 April 2008, 729km (average 66km / day)

The Great Escapade - The Tablelands Way
29 March to 5 April 2008, 499km (average 71km / day)

The Grape Escapade - Taste the Hunter Valley
6 April to 10 April 2008, 230km (average 58km / day)

City of Sydney Cycle Breakfasts: 5 June 2007
7:30AM - 9:00AM
Join City of Sydney for a cycling breakfast from 7:30am this World
Environment Day, 5 June. To thank cyclists for keeping another car
off the road, the City is providing a free, hearty breakfast and
conversation with fellow cyclists at two venues across Sydney. For
more information...Link to:
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn/html/custom/2234-event-details.asp?EventID=24005

WIN 2 FREE TICKETS - That's right! We have 2 tickets for the Monday 4
June Detour de France to giveaway to the first Bicycle NSW member (to
join go to http://www.bicyclensw.org.au/membership.asp) who can
answer the following simple questions:
* Who won the second stage of the Giro d'Italia?
* Who has been recently appointed by the City of Sydney to undertake
a study into facilitating pedestrian and cycle activity in the Sydney
CBD? Heres a hint, he has also worked in Copenhagen (a great city for
cycling!)
Email answers to dernest at bicyclensw.org.au with your Bicycle NSW
membership number

And finally, how to get the Information YOU want...
Bicycle NSW are keen to provide you with the information you want...
Keep up to date on the topics that matter to you, from advocacy news
to upcoming events - you decide!