[CAMWEST-discuss] Closed cycleway - South street Rydalmere

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Sep 25 10:09:19 UTC 2007

David,

?????? it is my understanding that what council has told you is the case. Apparently Rheem donated the strip of land & when the transfer was to take place, it appears that they did not actually own it. There had been some discrepancy in the original deed many years ago & therein lies the problem. It affects me every day I ride as it forces me out into Rydalmere at a similar time as every one else wants to get home & leads to some interesting rides at times. There doesn't appear to be too much activity, although my hopes were raised recently when the path was cleaned.

Add this one to the closure of the cycleway along the T-Way & you can get some idea of the priorities that cyclists generate in the area.

I have been trying to get to a Parramatta Cycleways meeting for a while now & every time, something else comes up to ensure I cannot get there. Parramatta City Council have appointed a cycling person & her name appears in another post on this forum, perhaps some contact with her directly may have some influence.

John Holstein

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"