[CAMWEST-discuss] T-Way Cycleway Detour.

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Oct 9 11:12:48 UTC 2007

Bernie & the rest of the List,

                                      I am very impressed with your efforts Bernie. Now, if everyone else who is affected by these gaps in our infrastructure can write, telephone or email the same people that Bernie has spoken to, maybe we will get some action. So the rest of us - "get off yas bums & make some polite noise".

The only downside is that most of the replies Bernie received have been given to many others before & we still have an impasse where several hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent on a cycleway that is in effect, useless, because it doesn't connect up. Not only is there the T-way issue, that particular cycleway ends abruptly and dangerously at Westmead & has no real connection to Parramatta. Parramatta itself is cycle unfriendly unless you are riding through in the early hours of the morning & to travel out of Parramatta along the Parramatta River has its own gaps at Rydalmere & Newington. Both those areas have most of the infrastructure in place except for those annoying gaps. Let the authorities do the same with the roads & listen to the squeals of disgust. Imagine a beautiful road where it suddenly ends and you have to go bush in a 4wd for 2 kilometres, just to cross one intersection and rejoin the road. ( Old Windsor & Harts Roads).

Parramatta Council has a cycling officer I believe. There was an email on this list advising that something was going to happen in Parramatta Mall.  I attended on the nominated day to find no one there. A quick call to Ian MacIndoe let me know that it had been cancelled & to my knowlege has not been rescheduled. There was also some talk of some saddle surveys in the area as well.

John Holstein

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"