[CAMWEST-discuss] National Ride to Work Day 17th October

Robert Ching robching at people.net.au
Wed Oct 10 12:20:41 UTC 2007

Hi Robert,

I have been busily trying to find out whether something is happening in
Parramatta. I work for CRS Australia and we have 3 cyclist commuters in the
office.

So far I have touched base with Parra Council – Adam Colwell (on
walk-to-work day) sustainable transport guy and he was keen to support what
was happening with his limited funds/resources. He initially was unsure of
what he could commit to and invited me to the launch of the Parra LGA
sustainable transport map.

Myself, Richard and I think, Pam Kendrick, of Bike North are happy to
participate and provide support where needed. We weren’t sure if we were
stepping on the feet of CAMWEST since it is not our BUG’s area as such.
Would be great to hear if CAMWEST was interested to partner BikeNorth
members on this.

I believe that Dept of Environment have organized an early self funded
brekkie at Valentines Café
 please see below. I understand that some police
cyclist might be coming along too.

Some further details. A breakfast (self-pay) is being organised by the
people from the NSW Dept of Environment & Climate Change - Valentines Café,
at the corner of Valentines, Wentworth & Fitzwilliam Streets at 7.30am.

The contact at the department I have been conversing with is Michael
<HYPERLINK
"mailto:Michael.Vyse at environment.nsw.gov.au"Michael.Vyse at environment.nsw.gov
.au>

Even though last minute and pretty small gather on ride to work day, it
would be great for all of us commuters to touch base with one another and
hopefully get behind something bigger next year.

There is a meeting schedule at 2pm tomorrow (Thursday) to plan ride to work
day on a café on the corner of George and Smith St, Parra.

Robert Ching

0411663349

   _____