[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: PushOn deadline

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Thu Nov 1 09:37:09 UTC 2007

 Dear CAMWESTies,

It is important that we submit an affiliation document to BNSW as it will impact on insurance for rides & other activities if we don't.

A suggestion from Andrew Dodds is that we include ride leaders as part of the executive committee to ensure they are covered by insurance.

Don't panic at this stage as there are no issues with insurance, just that the broker needs to know who is associated / affiliated with BNSW. There will be no fees to affiliate and no requirement to hold regular meetings etc.

>From Rob's previous comments, the only vacant position at this time is President as Ian has a lot of other commitments and feels he can't do justice to CAMWest.

If you have done the BNSW Ride Leader training or Bike North Ride Leader Training & you are part of CAMWest, please let us know & we can include you on the executive. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BECOME TERRIBLY INVOLVED, JUST HAVE A DESIRE TO RUN A FEW RIDES OCCASIONALLY.

Having said that, this presents as a good opportunity to revitalise CAMWest. If you are interested in formalising our little group, please let me know. It may be a little while before we get up & going due to other commitments such as Christmas, BNSW AGM, Parra City Council Cycleways meetings & in my case, some more shoulder surgery.

There are some positive things approaching with BNSW & BUGS so have a look at the profiles of nominees for Board Positions & either turn up at the AGM or send in your proxy before 1pm on Fri 2.11.07. www.bicycle nsw.org.au & follow the links to the AGM

Please feel free to contact me on 0410662390 or jonhol2 at netscape.net if you have questions or comments you don't wish to discuss on the forum.

Best wishes

John Holstein
Director BNSW

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"