[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: PushOn deadline

pbowyer at qantas.com.au pbowyer at qantas.com.au
Thu Nov 1 23:59:00 UTC 2007

Hi Jon,
I'm planning to continue running the Heritage ride in Parramatta every few
months. I haven't yet done the BINSw ride leader training.

Regards
Paul

Paul Bowyer
Project Manager
Qantas Airways Ltd
QFCL/3
203 Coward St Mascot 2020
pbowyer at qantas.com.au
+61438 856 880

                      jonhol2 at netscape.net
                      Sent by:                      To:       nicku at nicku.org, camwest-discuss at nicku.org
                      camwest-discuss-bounce        cc:
                      s at nicku.org                   Subject:  Re: [CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: PushOn deadline

                      01/11/2007 08:37 PM

Dear CAMWESTies,

It is important that we submit an affiliation document to BNSW as it will
impact on insurance for rides & other activities if we don't.

A suggestion from Andrew Dodds is that we include ride leaders as part of
the executive committee to ensure they are covered by insurance.

Don't panic at this stage as there are no issues with insurance, just that
the broker needs to know who is associated / affiliated with BNSW. There
will be no fees to affiliate and no requirement to hold regular meetings
etc.

>From Rob's previous comments, the only vacant position at this time is
President as Ian has a lot of other commitments and feels he can't do
justice to CAMWest.

If you have done the BNSW Ride Leader training or Bike North Ride Leader
Training & you are part of CAMWest, please let us know & we can include you
on the executive. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BECOME TERRIBLY
INVOLVED, JUST HAVE A DESIRE TO RUN A FEW RIDES OCCASIONALLY.

Having said that, this presents as a good opportunity to revitalise
CAMWest. If you are interested in formalising our little group, please let
me know. It may be a little while before we get up & going due to other
commitments such as Christmas, BNSW AGM, Parra City Council Cycleways
meetings & in my case, some more shoulder surgery.

There are some positive things approaching with BNSW & BUGS so have a look
at the profiles of nominees for Board Positions & either turn up at the AGM
or send in your proxy before 1pm on Fri 2.11.07. www.bicycle nsw.org.au &
follow the links to the AGM

Please feel free to contact me on 0410662390 or jonhol2 at netscape.net if you
have questions or comments you don't wish to discuss on the forum.

Best wishes

John Holstein
Director BNSW

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"