[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Conference proposal

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun Nov 25 03:36:43 UTC 2007

Dear CAMWESTies,

Could someone please answer this?

----- Forwarded message from Brenda Bailey <bbailey at piac.asn.au> -----

From: Brenda Bailey <bbailey at piac.asn.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:01:23 +1100
To: info at camwest.pps.com.au
Subject: Conference proposal

Hi, I left a phone message for Robert, please get back to me if you
have any questions about following - thanks, Brenda on behalf of
massbug 8898 6522

I'm contacting you on behalf of the Marrickville South Sydney Bike
Group.  I'd like to talk to you about a proposal our group is putting
up to hold a get together for BUGs. The following questions are to
gauge interest in our proposal.

The BUG council which met early November agreed they would like a
conference for bugs. MASSBUG will offer to organise the first
conference if there is enough support from other BUGS. To help us work
this out, below are three questions about whether you think this is a
good idea.

I must stress that although a recommendation came out of the BUGs
council to hold a conference, this is an initiative of MASSBUG and not
the Council or Bicycle NSW. It is intended as providing a service
where BUG representatives can share and learn from each other on
practical matters.

  Could you please let me know:

1. Would your bug accept this offer of MASSBUG organising the
conference?  Would your BUG be interested in sending representatives?

  2. If you can’t agree on behalf of your bug – how long will it take
for your bug to decide? (meeting of massbug to decide if there is
enough support to continue is first week of Dec.)

General proposal – a one day conference on a Saturday in late
February, representatives from each bug to be invited, small fee to
cover catering, located in or near CBD, very interactive – all
sessions workshop based.

3. If you are interested in the proposal, what are your top 4
issues/topics you would like to workshop eg media, working with local
councils, facilities and road design – we will shape conference around
most wanted topics. Make them as specific or general as you like.

Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org