[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Conference proposal

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Sun Nov 25 03:50:45 UTC 2007

 CAMWesties,
                    I think this is a good idea. I cannot see BNSW getting organised as fast as MASSBug appears to have done.
I am happy to liaise with Brenda re same, but how about some input from the rest of the list as to issues that affect us.

Some suggestions from me are:-

Lobbying Local Government Areas prior to the next elections scheduled for around November 2008. This is the area. I believe, where the BUGs can have the greatest impact on cycling. Every BUG should have access to or a representative on the LGAs that they represent

Discussion of the results of the Cycling Promotion Fund Survey of BUG's that was held recently. Results are comprehensive & available as a PDF Download from their website.

Development of a network of experts within the BUG's such as ride leaders, insurance, lobbying, press releases and so on that can be accessed easily.

Relationship between BUG's & other cycling bodies such as CPF, Bicycle federation of Australia, Cycling NSW, BNSW & etc,.

What are your thoughts & additions to my list?

John Holstein

"if we don't change direction, we will end up where we are headed"

0410662390 (m)