[CAMWEST-discuss] Camwest Ride routes

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Mon Dec 10 19:07:00 UTC 2007

Dear Rob,

On 08/12/07 19:25 +1100, Rob Kemp wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I think I suggested some time back that I thought it might be good
> to add some ride routes to the Camwest website - To build up a bit
> of a database.  As I've been doing rides I've been adding them to
> the bikely website, and trying to fully document them - Hopefulyy so
> that virtually anyone could download the cuesheets and be able to
> follow the ride.

An excellent idea!

> I hope to add the rides that I've documented to my website soonish.
> In the meantime, I've updated some of the rides on bikely, and done
> a very basic webpage (without styling) pointing to the rides.  I've
> tried to include most of the notes etc within the bikely site, so
> that these don't need to be elaborated on elsewhere.

Yes, documenting them on Bikely is very helpful to people wanting to
see what's involved in the ride.

> See http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/robkemp66/WestSydRides.htm.  Just
> wondering whether you think something along these lines would work with the
> camwest site.

Yes, I do.

> As can be seen, I've divided my page into two headings:
> Multiday Tours and Single Day recreational rides.  I think another good
> category would be one-way routes between major destination  ie Blacktown -
> Parramatta, Parramatta - City.

Yes, we have a lot of people asking about comuting routes.  I can add
some things about getting to the city.

> When I get some more time, I want to add longer multiday tours which I've
> done to my site, which is probably not so appropriate for the camwest site.
> Feel free to grab the contents of the above page and massage the layout &
> styling as you see fit.

"Yer blood's worth bottling!"  Thank you very much.  I'll add this on
the weekend.
Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku at nicku.org