[CAMWEST-discuss] help with an SMTP server

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 12:25:01 UTC 2008

G'day all and Nick,
I require some assistance with getting a SMTP server to work on my machine.
I follow the global energy market and trade on the NYMEX exchange.  My realtime prices package program has the ability to send  price alerts to e-mail which I can then easy convert to SMS messages.  The problem is that the program sends the e-mail direct to the mail server.  My ISP mail server will not accept them because they are not authenticated with a user and password and no provision within the program to authenticate.  The solution from the bullitin board is to set up a vertual SMTP server on my machine and let it handle the mail.  There is a SMTP server supplied with XP but I have not been able to configure it to get it to work.

Nick is probably the main man in this area but I will accept help from anyone.

Help please,

Dan

danny_hannan at yahoo.com

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail