[CAMWEST-discuss] Canal path closure

jonhol2 at netscape.net jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Apr 29 08:38:29 UTC 2008

Fellow CAMWESTies,
??????????????????????????????? some developments on this issue. Holroyd Council will be holding a meeting at 3.30pm tomorrow 30/4/08 at thr Hylands Rd Intersection of the canal path to discuss this closure & proposed crossing. Mark Robson & myself will probably attend on behalf of CAMWEST & I mentioned the Western Sydney Cycleways Movement to the Council as well & it is possible someone from there will attend.

It appears the original plan was to put a bridge over the bus way, but that has changed now to a set of traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing. I hope they realise that one brain injury from a collision will cost more than the bridge.

We will keep you posted.

John Holstein
Member of CAMWEST (camwest.pps.com.au) advocating for better cycling infrastructure for Sydney's West.