[CAMWEST-discuss] Fwd: CAMWEST Meeting - 7PM, Thursday 8 May 2008

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed May 7 01:38:36 UTC 2008

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? as you are already aware, the Prospect Canal Cycleway has been closed due to construction of the new Prospect Highway. This has effectively destroyed this path until the completion of construction & robbed the area of an invaluable cycling & recreational facility. Some of us have attended meetings with Holroyd Council who are quite annoyed at the process & the haste in which things happened. ie The closure was announced by way of a sign on the path on one day, & deconstruction of the canal followed virtually the next.

The email I have forwarded to you gives a link to the Action Group protesting about the closure & is well worth a visit. They have provided email addresses for the key players & are encouraging us to write letters in protest.

This action won't stop the work, but the key issue now is to have the cycle & pedestrian path constructed over this monstrosity as part of the project, not as an 'add on' promise later. As we all know, if it is not done now, then it will be a long fight to get it done later.

John Holstein
Member of CAMWEST (camwest.pps.com.au) advocating for better cycling infrastructure for Sydney's West.