[CAMWEST-discuss] Blue Montains Bike Plan

Rob Kemp robkemp at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 14 02:04:11 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

Just noticed on the BNSW site that the 'Draft Blue Mountains Bike Plan
2020' is on exhibition at present and open for public comment.
Submissions accepted until July 14th.
See http://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/home/publicexhibitionbikeplan/ for
details, and a link to download the 162 page report.
I've only had a cursory glance at the plan at the moment, but intend to
go through it more thouougly in the next couple of weeks.
Of particularly interest to me are routes getting to the mountains from
Western Sydney - in particular, Mitchells Pass.
At present, part of Mitchells Pass (between Lennox Bridge and the Old
Great Western Hwy) is a reasonably narrow one way road, coming down the
mountains.   For a period after the bushfires several years ago, the
road was closed to vehicles.
During that period I rode up Mitchells Pass several times.  Although
it's a bit of a climb, in my opinion it is by far the most pleasant and
direct way of conquering the Lapstone Hill and getting up into the
mountains.
There is mention of the route in the Bike Plan, although I couldn't see
more detail in the cursory glance.

Anyone keen to put in a submission, or work in with others on a team effort?

--

cheers,

Rob