[CAMWEST-discuss] CAMWEST News

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Wed Sep 17 10:22:33 UTC 2008

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? The AGM for CAMWEST approaches rapidly. It will be a lunch time meeting at the Currawong area of Nurragingy Reserve, Rooty Hill on Sunday 28 September 2008. Partners & family are welcome to attend & meat, salads & soft drink will be supplied by CAMWEST. Please RSVP to John Holstein?(jonhol2 at netscape.net) before Thu 25/9/08 for catering purposes.??
Follow the link below for a map of Nurragingy Reserve. Currawong is in the middle of the reserve.
http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/visitors/attractions/nurragingy/nurragingy-map.cfm

You will be able to ride to the event. Nurragingy is a short ride from the M7 Cyclepath & I believe that Ian McIndoe & Michael Goard will be riding from Parramatta & will be happy to ride with anyone who wishes to travel out by bicycle.

As part of the AGM we hope to decide the future of CAMWEST. Will it just continue to exist as a loose band of dedicated cyclists who meet occasionally or will it grow to something a little more. The future of cycling in Sydney looks bright at the moment and this is a chance to have a say in how that future develops.

What is involved in being a member of CAMWEST?
Not a lot. We need members who are able to attend Council Meetings on behalf of CAMWEST (Many of you already do this, but we would like to have some formal feedback to the rest of the members.

We need people to lead rides, at present this is pretty much the sole domain of Rob Kemp & Paul Bowyer. This is a simple matter of attending a BNSW Ride Leader Course to become accredited & then organising a couple of CAMWEST Rides per year.

We need people to advocate for cycling facilities in Sydney's west. This may be as simple as writing to a newspaper to air a point of view or as complex as preparing a written submission regarding a proposed cycling facility.

How much time do I need to devote to CAMWEST? That is entirely up to you. We would like to see you at a meeting once every three months, but that is not compulsory. All you need do is attend something on our behalf throughout the year. You may choose to assist with a ride or man a stall at an event. You may become very involved, it is up to you. There is no minimum requirements for membership.

What will it cost? There are no fees. All it will cost you is some of your time & if you want to, some money for a CAMWEST Cycling Jersey.

Upcoming Rides: Rob Kemp & Paul Bowyer have the following rides planned:-

Saturday September 20th:
?? Earthcare Centre Sustainability Ride; Approx 60km; Some traffic.? See http://www.pushon.com.au/rides/Ride_details_ordinary.asp?RideID=1707

Sunday September 21st:
?? Parramatta Heritage Ride.? See http://www.pushon.com.au/rides/Ride_details_ordinary.asp?RideID=1742?

October 4th-6th :
?? Long Weekend Tour.? See http://www.pushon.com.au/rides/Ride_details_multi.asp?RideID=1769

Please contact the ride leader to let them know you are coming.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday 28/9/08 at Nurragingy, don't forget to RSVP