[CAMWEST-discuss] Bicycle maintenance

John Holstein jonhol2 at netscape.net
Tue Jan 6 08:59:55 UTC 2009

Fellow CAMWESTies,
?????????????????????????????? just a quick note to guage your level of interest. I was thinking of trying to organise a couple of Basic Bicycle Maintenance Days in the near future under the CAMWEST Banner. I have spoken to one qualified bike mechanic who is prepared to donate his time for one such event.

I would envisage about?two to?three hour session covering puncture repair, brake adjusting, basic safety checks prior to riding & basic care of the drive train. Numbers would have to be limited to no more than 15 participants & I would require about 5 assistants with?reasonable ?bike maintenance skills to help supervise. It would be a practical course.

Looking at a date in mid to late March & a possible venue for one would be the old Kids Museum site at Holroyd (The park near the old brick pits) & the other out west somewhere, possibly Rooty Hill or Blacktown.

John Holstein
President?of CAMWEST (http://camwest.pps.com.au) advocating for better cycling infrastructure for Sydney's West.

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage. Experience Email and instant messaging together - chat while you mail and mail while you chat! Register for your free email account at http://free.aol.com.au