[CAMWEST-discuss] Fw: Mulga Bill Bike Ride

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sat Mar 21 03:45:16 UTC 2009

Dear CAMWESTies,

The Mulga Bill Bike Ride is coming up, for those who are interested in
going.  Could be fun.

----- Forwarded message from Alf Cantrell <alf at mulgabillfestival.com.au> -----

From: Alf Cantrell <alf at mulgabillfestival.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:48:51 +1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
To: Ashbug <ashbug at telstra.com>, AWPP <annton at southernphone.com.au>,
	BADBUG <MBooth at chcs.com.au>, BARBUG <sally at bargo.info>,
	BayBUG <contact at baybug.org.au>, BIKEast <mwortho at bigpond.net.au>,
	BikeNorth <info at bikenorth.org.au>,
	BMBG <terancemccann at education.nsw.gov.au>,
	BS BUG <bgrinberg at telstra.com>, BSSC <b.day at UNSWalumni.com>,
	BSW <contact at bikesouthwest.org.au>,
	Bsyd <cityride at bikesydney.org.au>,
	BUGOFH <mark at australwright.com.au>, BurstBUG <info at burstbug.org.au>,
	BWW <president at bww.org.au>, CAG <maxs-fitzroy at bigpond.com>,
	CAMWEST <info at camwest.pps.com.au>, CBUG <debbiebarrett at bigpond.com>,
	CCTCC <cctouringcc at optusnet.com.au>, CHBUG <coffsbug at gmail.com>,
	DBUG <johnnkathy at optusnet.com>, DUB BUG <george1h at bigpond.com>,
	EuroBUG <guybrantingham at southernphone.com.au>,
	GayBUG <president at sydneyspokes.com>, GLADBUG <1bicycle at lisp.com.au>,
	GLC <CBushell at csu.edu.au>, GreatBUG <jmoxham at pacbrands.com.au>,
	GundaBUG <impatterson at gundagai.nsw.gov.au>,
	GW <timothy at australia.edu>, HVBUG <dbathers at bigpond.net.au>,
	IBUG <wemersteyer at yahoo.com.au>, LBUG <fractalbug at yahoo.com.au>,
	LeBUG <david.and.barb at iinet.net.au>,
	LiveBUG <mastacy at aims1.every1.net>, MacBUG <kenhall at iprimus.com.au>,
	ManMos BUG <jthixton at hotmail.com>, MASSBUG <massbug at massbug.org.au>,
	MBMBC <cpursche at scu.edu.au>, MUDBUG <cjblake at harboursat.com.au>,
	Muggaccinos <ScribePJ at TPG.com.au>, MVTCC <hawoth at tsn.cc>,
	NAMBUG <alland1 at bigpond.com>,
	NarBUG <wadmitch at adventureteam.zzn.com>, NBB <pjaje at bigpond.com>,
	NBUG <graham.andrews at bigpond.com>,
	NCM <cycleways at hunterlink.net.au>, NEBUG <nebug at optusnet.com.au>,
	NRCCBUG <gregw at nor.com.au>, NSBG <north_shore_bike at yahoo.com.au>,
	PP <ggodde at vtown.com.au>, SBUG <laja.florence at bigpond.com>,
	SCBUG <begabug_7 at hotmail.com>, SGB <info at stgeorgebug.org.au>,
	SharkBike <sharkbike at sharkbike.org.au>,
	SHBUG <gjsearle at bigpond.com>,
	TDCC <enquiry at toukleycycleclub.org.au>,
	WC <info at windsorcyclists.org.au>, WCM <johnsuth at acenet.com.au>,
	WSCN <info at westernsydneycyclingnetwork.com.au>,
	WW <judd at TPG.com.au>
Subject: Mulga Bill Bike Ride

YEOVAL COUNTRY ENERGY MULGA BILL FESTIVAL
JULY 24TH, 25TH, 26TH.

MULGA BILL RIDE - JULY 26TH  - COMMENCING 10.30 AM

Dear Cyclist/Bicycle User/Secretary

I am writing to ensure that all our bicycle enthusiast friends are informed
that the Annual Yeoval Country Energy Mulga Bill Bike Ride, sponsored by
Darryl Grant Cycles of Orange, is now well into the planning stage for this
year.  Although many of you are unable to make the distance, we do hope that
lots of your members will make a long weekend of it and travel to Yeoval for
this exciting weekend of Festival.

This year we have worked very hard to ensure that a very good safety record
is continued, and with the help of the RTA and both Cabonne and Wellington
Councils,
The Ride has been split into two sections. Both sections are to be operated
on asphalt roads and under closed Road Conditions. Both rides are on very
quiet and picturesque routes, with the more professional, faster riders
being on separate route to the mum and dad family groups, who are slower and
tend to use up the whole road as they enjoy the experience

Both Rides will start and end in Yeoval with registration early, ready for a
10.30 am start.  Light Breakfasts will be available and the start and finish
will be in the Banjo Paterson Bush Park on the Wellington end of town. Here
we have plenty of parking and the main festival is across the road at the
Showground on the Sunday. The same cost as in previous years - $5 adults, $3
children, $10 Family. At the Start it will be more professionals to the
right and mums dads and families to the left. The more professional will
ride to Cumnock and back a return distance of some 52 kms. Mums Dads and
Family Groups will ride over the new bridge on Buckinbah Creek and the on
the RTA Bicycle pathway to the Bournewood Road, which will be closed to
through traffic for the duration of the event. Every 3 kms they will pass
through a town from the Paterson Mulga Bill Poem  - Conroy’s Gap,
Castlereagh, Eaglehawk, Walgett and the final turn around  point will be
Dead Mans Creek -  a return distance of 30 kms,  keeping in mind that the
participants can turn around anywhere along the road, riding only the
distance they feel comfortable with.

The Lucky rider of the day will be drawn and the beautiful new Bike donated
by Darryl Grant Cycles of Orange will be their proud new possession. The
Draw will be at the Festival at 2.30pm sharp and the winner will have to be
present to collect. All riders receive a wristband and this not only covers
them for insurance but also allows them free entry to the Festival.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Mulga Bill Festival as we endeavor to
increase our number past the 630 riders we had last year.    The website has
all details:-
www.mulgabillfestival.com.au

Best Wishes
Alf Cantrell