[CAMWEST-discuss] Climate change

Danny Hannan danny_hannan at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 22:37:07 UTC 2009

Being a bit of a science nerd/geek myself and an energy trader, I have to agree, it is all about reducing/covering  the risk.  However:  Global peak oil and global peak energy is a far more scientifically certain problem in the next 2 decades than is the consequences of global warming.  The probability that we will pass Global Peak Energy within the next 20 years is over 90% and my estimate is about 10 years to Global Peak Energy.  The probability that sea levels will rise by 1metre within the next 20 years is less than 10%.

And the two are related in that 90% of our energy production comes from fossil fuels which produce the double whammy of releasing both heat and carbon dioxide into the biosphere.  Conserving our fossil fuels by reducing consumption, increasing energy efficiency, and developing renewable power all make a contribution in reducing the impact of both Global Warming and Peak Energy.  See attached file.

And people power is still the answer to getting things changed.

Dan
 danny_hannan at yahoo.com